Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 18, 2024

Corruption

 India loves to debate about corruption even after knowing that there is no single solution that works effectively to wipe it off.

THE MAJOR EFFECT OF CORRUPTION IS DELAY IN WORK.

Everyone thinks others have to change for the corruption to end.

Moreover they think its only restricted to government establishments and those who have loads of money are the main reason for corruption. 

And the biggest misnomer is that the private sector is free from it.

I have discovered one thing, corruption is everywhere and is the way of living in this world, except that levels of its presence is high in some places and very low in others.

Why am I writing this here? 

Because I felt I discovered one of its form which is dangerous not just to one person but to many generations to come. 

I just pray that there is a new kind of industry to work that would take over the current trend of working in IT. 

I would now connect 3 points I have mentioned above.

1. Corruption

2. Its presence in IT 

3. My prayer for a new industry for next generation to work.

IT/Software whatever we want to call it, is a very peculiar industry where people have to depend on other person for certain aspects of work. 

IT/Software is also place where there is no restriction in timing of person starts and ends work. 

IT/Software is one that can be sold/bought/services are offered round the clock.

Considering the nature of this round the clock business and person's own clock of starting and ending work day is one aspect where delay can be introduced in work, another aspect is people with-holding the knowledge, these two points make IT more prone to corruption than any other sector.
only positive side is the real customer is not effected by this kind of corruption moreover he gets quicker solutions.

Randomness of work day is coloured as flexibility but its real shade is indiscipline.

With-holding of knowledge is termed as Subject-Matter-Expertise real term is insecurity.

Why should we be worried about such a format of corruption, and want to pray that next generation should get another stream to work in? 
Because may be 2 or 3 out of 100 people working in this IT field would be able to put their own priorities on top of work and live the way they want majority would be followers and at least 40 of 97 would be corrupt and rest are just the effected chunk, while in the 57 there might be 7 who can swim across in any condition but 50 are just pulling days and if we have categories and sub categories where in people eat off time from each other 
This time that has to be spent with family or for self improvement is being eaten away, and our next generation is learning this randomness of life as a way to live. 

Our parents have lived a disciplined life due to limited work hours yes they had financial stress but they had time to spend with us. 

We saw teachers, bankers, farmers, Govt-Employees as the professions our parents took up, even those in private sector who did long hours were not bothered about work once they came home, but this IT/Software never vacate your mind space, leaving not time to sharpen your brain and get an idea to invest time wisely.

Even I saw parents who insist on discipline in the kids working on IT but the pull of indiscipline in this sector is so strong and stronger is the financial mismanagement by kids like taking bigger loans and entangling themselves to endless work-hours telling they need more to re-pay and maintain life-style. 

Just because we don't have that much financial issues the real time of life is being eaten away. 

before calling others I agree I am corrupt, I am writing this a note for myself, maybe I would try to climb into a stage where I can use my time better and be better example for my kids. 

Am I asking to stop working hard, not take the extra mile that is needed to excel in career? 
No that's not my message, I am only worried about the time that is getting wasted.

It is getting wasted and people think its getting utilized.
They are convinced it is correct,
That's my only worry.

Thanks for giving your time to this topic.

No comments: